Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Galaxy's covers

3 posters

Go down

Galaxy's covers Empty Galaxy's covers

Post by GalaxyStar Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm

I'll be posting my covers here, I'm still new to this and I'm not that good at editing audio, not to mention I'm still a beginner in singing.
I'm more than glad to receive some feedback, not to mention some tips on how to improve the audio and such. Any help is welcomed with farm arms and hugs!

Don't bite me this is the first time I'm letting "outsiders" hear me singing 
GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Galaxy's covers Empty Re: Galaxy's covers

Post by Aisuu aka RiEDe Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:37 am

HI I AM AN OUTSIDER HEARING YOU SING

First of all, I'd like to say that I love how your voice is cute and soft! It reminds me of another youtaite who sounds like you, Misaaya. 

For the most part, I enjoyed your singing. However, your pitching is a bit unstable, especially on your lower notes. In some parts you sounded shaky, like you're running out of breath. I suggest doing warm ups, breath support  exercises and use your diaphragm to sing. Or you can also record chorus and verses separately to go easy on your muscles. It is not necessary to oneshot a recording. 

Timing is a bit off by a few milliseconds, but it's decent. You can try using the on vocal as your base for timing your vocals. To make your voice blend in with the instrumental, you can use effects such as compressing and EQ/Equalization, usually those two are the most basic mixing techniques. That is all I can say for now. Hope this helps you!

Last edited by Aerlith on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +3 for in-depth critique.)
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Aisuu aka RiEDe
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Aisuu Posts : 772

Penny for your thoughts! Just my two cents. I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/IceElfPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyStar Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Ice Elf wrote:HI I AM AN OUTSIDER HEARING YOU SING

First of all, I'd like to say that I love how your voice is cute and soft! It reminds me of another youtaite who sounds like you, Misaaya. 

For the most part, I enjoyed your singing. However, your pitching is a bit unstable, especially on your lower notes. In some parts you sounded shaky, like you're running out of breath. I suggest doing warm ups, breath support  exercises and use your diaphragm to sing. Or you can also record chorus and verses separately to go easy on your muscles. It is not necessary to oneshot a recording. 

Timing is a bit off by a few milliseconds, but it's decent. You can try using the on vocal as your base for timing your vocals. To make your voice blend in with the instrumental, you can use effects such as compressing and EQ/Equalization, usually those two are the most basic mixing techniques. That is all I can say for now. Hope this helps you!

Thank you so much for the feedback and advises I really appreciate it! 
For most of the times, yes I was running out of breath and sometimes my voice was cracking mostly due to me having a tiny bit of a cold, had it for over a month now and I just can't get my voice to sound all normal but I'll surely start doing some exercises ~

I thought of using the on vocals as help, but for some reason when recording me singing I can hear the music in the background that bothers me a lot. I'll see if I'm able to avoid that by using two different headphones. 

Again, thank you so much outsider!
GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyStar Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:03 am

https://youtu.be/C7bZ1u8UxJI

Wanted to sing this for practice and ended up recording it. I kinda like it and I thought of sharing it   Razz

Gotta learn to breath properly haha 
GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyStar Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:28 am

https://youtu.be/TkX-BVYOWu8

Eeey, fail shot and having fun here ~
GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:56 pm

hi ! i'm misaaya that Ai-suu talked about // so much similarities, before going big with the singing stuff, i didn't like warming up and that effected my singing huge time. Your covers actually improved over time upon reading your comments about being sick (pitch, timing etc.). Like I ALWAYS say, practice does indeed make perfect. 

P.S, at the beginning of matryoshka, i thought that was me singing xD we really do sound alike~
we should sing together someday ! :'D
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

Singing Alias : misaaya Posts : 157

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Misaaya1

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyStar Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:14 am

misaaya wrote:hi ! i'm misaaya that Ai-suu talked about // so much similarities, before going big with the singing stuff, i didn't like warming up and that effected my singing huge time. Your covers actually improved over time upon reading your comments about being sick (pitch, timing etc.). Like I ALWAYS say, practice does indeed make perfect. 

P.S, at the beginning of matryoshka, i thought that was me singing xD we really do sound alike~
Heyhey thanks for the comment!  Wink

leggo make duets to confuse people
GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:34 pm

GalaxyStar wrote:
misaaya wrote:hi ! i'm misaaya that Ai-suu talked about // so much similarities, before going big with the singing stuff, i didn't like warming up and that effected my singing huge time. Your covers actually improved over time upon reading your comments about being sick (pitch, timing etc.). Like I ALWAYS say, practice does indeed make perfect. 

yes ! :'D 

p.s, https://app.box.com/s/58stjzwnr18t3a1znjl2fzzav4nuqony
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyStar Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:09 am

misaaya wrote:
GalaxyStar wrote:

yes ! :'D 

p.s, https://app.box.com/s/58stjzwnr18t3a1znjl2fzzav4nuqony
eyey https://youtu.be/tffcHDioJmA
GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by GalaxyStar Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Hey hey heey! Your girl Galaxy is back with a practice cover of Adele's "Rolling in the deep". Just really testing my breath, how high I can go, and how I can keep on singing. Just wanna hear on opinions on how this kind of music fits my voice.

"depts of your despair" - idk what did I try with that ignore it. I think I got some lyrics in some parts wrong but we don't talk about that x3

GalaxyStar
GalaxyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by misaaya Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 pm

GalaxyStar wrote:Hey hey heey! Your girl Galaxy is back with a practice cover of Adele's "Rolling in the deep". Just really testing my breath, how high I can go, and how I can keep on singing. Just wanna hear on opinions on how this kind of music fits my voice.

"depts of your despair" - idk what did I try with that ignore it. I think I got some lyrics in some parts wrong but we don't talk about that x3

yo! i'd like to say that you need to breathe when you have to. just because you want to breathe at the end/beginning of a phrase, it may sound staggered (like around 0:30). and vowels! they sound too 'harsh'. You need to open your soft palette more when it comes to vowels. For example: A would be AH not AY, E would be EH not EE, I would be hI not AI(soft h sound to make it sound more smooth), O would be OH not O(soft h sound to make it sound more smooth), and U would be YUH not YEW (dunno if that helped tbh ;; ). since we both have similar voice types, I can't sing songs like this, it's a bit too powerful for me. in fact, adele is too powerful for me x) . it takes more practice however! i hope you can practice more and make it sound even better! :D
misaaya
misaaya
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down