Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

[In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER]

3 posters

Go down

[In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER] Empty [In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER]

Post by Kumoshi Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:54 pm

I recently remembered this old song by void/Renjaku-P called drizzling rain. It's definitely not a well-known song (and I don't ship Gakupo with Miku), but since I really like the instrumental, I would like to sing it. As I sound terrible trying to hit Miku's high notes, I will be singing Gakupo's part and I'm looking for someone to sing Miku's part.

I'd also like to have a mixer for this duet, but if necessary I will attempt to mix, which is basically me clicking random buttons on my software and hoping that it sounds okay ;w;

On Vocal:

Off Vocal: here
I got the zip from the producer, but as I can no longer find the original link, I assume he removed it, so I uploaded it to box instead. Please let me know if you are unable to extract the zip file and I'll just upload the instrumental mp3 by itself.

Lyrics:
Please sing the bolded lyrics if you're auditioning as a singer. You're welcome to sing more if you want, though!
Spoiler:
If you want to see the lyrics color-coded according to who's singing, click here

Singer

1. Singers of all genders are welcome! I'm mostly looking for singing that's on key and generally has the right timing, since that reduces the amount of timing and tuning necessary for mixing. I know it can be trickier during the parts where Miku and Gakupo's singing overlap, so just try your best.
  2. I strongly recommend that you don't record your audition with a headset mic or built-in computer mic unless yours has really good sound quality most of the ones I've heard tend to have more noise and inconsistent sound.
  3. Your audition can be acapella or with the instrumental, either way is fine. But don't put any effects on your vocals since I want to hear your raw vocals.
  4. Please make sure to check and respond to your messages (at least once a week, though preferably more often) if you are chosen. And please let me know in your audition post if you're going to be un-contactable or won't be able to record over the next few months; if I don't hear anything from you for a long time without any prior notice, I may look for someone to replace you ):

Audition form:
Alias:
Youtube/Soundcloud/etc.: (wherever you want me to link to in the video description if you're chosen)
Preferred method(s) of contact:
Audition:

Mixer

1. You can provide multiple mixes in your audition if you want.
  2. I'd prefer that you show a duet or other collab for your audition, or at least a song that has a similar genre/feel to drizzling rain, but if you don't have either just show me whatever you've got.
  3. Although it's not necessary to be able to tune and do syllable timing, it would be very helpful if you could.
  4. Please make sure to check and respond to your messages (at least once a week, though preferably more often) if you are chosen. And please let me know in your audition post if you're going to be un-contactable or won't be able to mix over the next few months; if I don't hear anything from you for a long time without any prior notice, I may look for someone to replace you ):

Audition form:
Alias:
Youtube/Soundcloud/etc.:
Preferred method(s)of contact):
Can you time?:
Can you tune?:
Audition:

Auditions received:
Lyphe
Chiyo (via facebook message)
Felya

Deadline: September 28
May be extended if I haven't received enough auditions that satisfy me. Or, if you won't be able to get an audition in until a little after the deadline but you really want to audition, just ask me and I can wait for you (:
I apologize in advance if you are not selected as a singer and/or mixer!

Last edited by Kumoshi on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

[In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER] Empty Drizzling Rain Singer Application

Post by Lyphe Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 pm

If you're still looking for people, I'd like to try out for the singer. School starts up again soon and I'll record the audition for this as soon as possible. I'm just getting started so I don't have much for previous examples other than the Ren'ai Saiban cover on my soundcloud, everything else on there is rather old. Until I get the audition ready, a frame of reference for why I think I can do her part is that I can do Christine's part from "Phantom of the Opera" perfectly fine and that's right around the same range as Miku for this song. I can't promise the most 'solid' sound (it seems to come and go), but it will be on pitch.

Alias: Lyphe
Youtube/Soundcloud/etc.: https://soundcloud.com/19bloom
Preferred method(s) of contact: Twitter or skype, both can be found on my profile.
Audition:
With Instrumental: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywyyecnm1i9vmwb/audition%20for%20drizzling%20rain%20-%20with%20instrumental.wav?dl=0
Acapella: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aislrnwkca69uam/audition%20for%20drizzling%20rain%20-%20acapella.wav?dl=0

Last edited by Lyphe on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Audition)
Lyphe
Lyphe
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Lyphe Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

[In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER] Empty Re: [In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER]

Post by Kumoshi Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Thank you for auditioning! I do hope to hear how you sound in the song, but it's alright if you end up not having the time c: (or I might just end up extending the deadline ohoho)
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

[In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER] Empty Re: [In progress, auditions closed] drizzling rain [1 SINGER, MIXER]

Post by Kumoshi Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Extended the deadline to September 28 to try and get more auditions!
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Felya-chii Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:11 am

Alias: Felya
Youtube/Soundcloud/etc.: yt
Preferred method(s) of contact: twitter
Audition: hope u can open it 

And like a mixer if you don't mind
Can you time?: yes
Can you tune?: yes
Audition: my mix
Felya-chii
Felya-chii
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : Felya Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:37 am

@Felya: Yep, was able to access your audition! Thank you for auditioning (:
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Auditions are now closed! I've decided to pick Chiyo as the singer and Felya as the mixer. Thank you for auditioning; Felya and Lyphe, I'd be happy to sing with you on other songs so feel free to ask me if you ever want to sing something else (:
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down