Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd!

+5
FlueFaker
wonnabi
Xin
Onion
Aerlith
9 posters

Go down

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd! Empty [MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd!

Post by Aerlith Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to YTChorus's mixing auditions! If you are interested in mixing choruses organized on YTChorus, here is where you would audition!

Choruses you would be mixing for would be posted on our YT channel, YTChorusGroup. An example would be something like this cover of Saihaite. These would be our official choruses and different from member-organized choruses.

Here is how it will work!

1. Download the audition files. All of the information is on this Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wJNMu3gvSXBx9CQgkcP9CLbBWBsUxqfmW1P7EWCre5k/edit
Script, links to lines, etc.

2. Mix it to the best of your ability! You have free rein on how you want to do that. Timing-wise, check the on-vocal and match it as much as you can. You can add effects, tune, it is all okay. If you can't use certain effects well or tune, you may still be considered for timing.

3. If you have any questions, let me know! Otherwise, please keep the thread restricted to audition posts.

4. The kind of program you use will not be counted against you.

5. Be sure that if you are planning on auditioning, you will be able to finish mixes for YTChorus on a timely basis! Please do not take months to finish a mix! We understand that you have other priorities in your lives, so if you are someone who is very busy, we highly suggest that you do not add to your workload by mixing for us.

Once you are done, please post the following form!
Code:
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Youtube/Soundcloud:[/b]
[b]Are you able to time and/or tune?:[/b]
[b]Audition Link:[/b]
[b]Availability:[/b] How long does it take you to mix something and how long would you need?
[b]Strengths?:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses?:[/b]

If you are selected, please keep the following in mind:
1. Be responsible and don't sign up more than you are able to do. If you are mixing for other choruses, that is fine, too. Just don't forget about us! We would like to release regular choruses, too!
2. Be able to finish everything in a timely manner. If you are not able to finish, please let us know as soon as possible so we can find someone else.
3. If you need to retire as a mixer, that is fine, too. <3 You can always come back when you have more time.
4. You will most likely help Aerlith (me) with deciding who singers will be and scripting the songs. If you prefer scripting on your own, that is also okay.

Due March 22nd!

Special thanks to ViralKurai, ThaiKunoichi, hartless726, reizu, Alroetsue, and nabarokairu for helping out with the lines! Especially recording it in just two days!

Last edited by Aerlith on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Aerlith
Aerlith
Forever messing with staff.

Singing Alias : Aerlith Posts : 1976
I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/xAerlith

Back to top Go down

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd! Empty Re: [MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd!

Post by Onion Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:28 pm

For the love of everything that is good in this world, please sign up. I can't take the pressure anymore. I've been mixing for 5 days straight. I'm starting to see audio files everywhere. It haunts me. Help. HEdsa
Onion
Onion
*~Sparkling Mixer~*

Singing Alias : Onion Posts : 4112

I'm on the spice rack! Dango Daikazoku Chorus Dango Chorus Illustration My YTC Story Blind Duets Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/SeirenOnion

Back to top Go down

[MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd! Empty Re: [MIXING AUDITION] Recruiting Mixers for YTChorus! ~ Due March 22nd!

Post by Xin Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:20 pm

I can only tune. I can't mix for my life, i'm sorry Otouto-chan. :D
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:46 pm

If you are interested in applying as a tuner, you are also welcome. ^^ It's still saving the mixer a step.
Aerlith
Aerlith

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Judge SMILING Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant Megurine Luka 10-Year Celebration Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by wonnabi Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:21 am

Alias: Wonnabi
Youtube/Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/wonnabi
Audition Link: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dracs6z1cj2t8r2/ytc_audition_mix_master.wav
Availability: Nearly 24/7. Of course, unless I am busy with a person project, or helping someone.
Strengths?: Nearly 5 years of experiencing producing EDM and other music in the same DAW (Digital Audio Work Station). We could create original YTC songs ;o
Weaknesses?: My computer. I have a very old, very bad computer and I sometimes take short cuts to avoid issues with it.
Are you able to time and/or tune?: Yes, I did both in my audition. Tuning takes a long time however.

Last edited by wonnabi on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
wonnabi
wonnabi
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by FlueFaker Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:10 am

Alias: FlueFaker (I usually only use "Airin" when I'm attempting to sing, as weird as that sounds).
YouTube/Soundcloud: YouTubeSoundcloud
Audition Link: Mix
Availability: I'm usually free on any day other than Saturday. During school, I may take some time to finish due to the fact that I have a limited amount of time in which I can mix and also because of homework. During the holidays, I have literally everyday free (because the outdoors is scary XD).
Strengths: I am quite the perfectionist usually and I tend to do things "sooner rather than later" so to speak.
Weaknesses: I am using audacity which means that the range of effects I can use are limited. I'm also bad at tuning.
My hearing is also quite bad, meaning I can't really tell if everything is at the same volumn or if it's too loud.
FlueFaker
FlueFaker
Talkative

Singing Alias : Airin Posts : 464

I'm on the spice rack! Raidcall Train Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZojn27wPljAGP7RiTbzSug

Back to top Go down

Post by Alroetsue Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:23 pm

SUP GUYS ALROE HERE
So I totally forgot to record a line of mine for the chorus, but now it's uploaded and added to the docu. So yeah, that's a thing.
Alroetsue
Alroetsue
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Alroetsue Posts : 59

Raidcall Train Participant Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwJ7MIHz63jcvRXp7mROy6g

Back to top Go down

Post by チョ子 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:45 am

Entry withdrawn.

Last edited by チョ子 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
チョ子
チョ子

Singing Alias : チョ子 / Choko Posts : 21

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChocoJoou

Back to top Go down

Post by Roro Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Alias: Roro
Youtube/Soundcloud: Youtube ; Soundcloud
Audition Link: audition mix
Availability: Generally, I take three days to mix anything - one for timing, one for balancing, and one for final edits and changes. But, generally, it can be done earlier if need be.
Strengths?: I have a good ear for timing and I tend to keep at mixing something under it sounds right and I'm satisfied. I'm also really good at balancing too. I really enjoy mixing too, so I'm likely to do it before like, anything, LOL.
Weaknesses?: I tend to make the whole song a little too loud or a little too soft since my headphones are kinda broken. I've only been mixing seriously for a few months, and I can't tune at all, unfortunately. I use audacity to edit, and mixcraft to time ...,,
Are you able to time and/or tune?: I can definitely time, but I can't tune sorry ; _ ; ....

Last edited by Roro on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roro
Roro
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Rørø Posts : 54

YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by soren Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:12 am

Alias: Shuumatsu (Shuu/Kaz)
Youtube/Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/shuumatsu
Audition Link: https://app.box.com/ytc-cantarella
Availability: After April 19th 2015, I'm available almost everyday (except there's another project). I can take a mixing in 1 day (including mastering etc). but, I always update my mixing everytime (like, every 1 day? god i'm bad at explaining orz). When I said "Okay i'm mixing", that means i really do mix the project so please don't worry |D
Strengths?: I'm a perfectionist mixer who loves to time every milisecond with Audacity. (pfft) But i'm not a real magician who can do everything so fast and high quality. I expect from the singers to do their best. I know that i'm just an audacity user, but well... |D;;
Weaknesses?: I'm just an audacity user who can't do lots of good effects |D;;; i have tons of VST plugin but err yeah o)--(
Are you able to time and/or tune? I prefer time than tune. :3

sorry if it's not the best entry o7;;;

Last edited by Shuumatsu on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
soren
soren
Talkative

Singing Alias : soren Posts : 536

Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerlith Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:14 am

I have added another category to the form:
Are you able to time and/or tune?:

If you guys who have turned in your forms already can do that, please add. ^^ It is not a big issue if you cannot tune because we can split the work, so please do not worry if you cannot tune. Timing is more of an issue, so we will be looking at your ability to time lines properly.
Aerlith
Aerlith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down