Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

So we all know weaboo's right?

+8
sutanbai
Kumoshi
Pengui
mie.
emuchanx
Celty
Kimoicchi
R.C
12 posters

Go down

So we all know weaboo's right? Empty So we all know weaboo's right?

Post by R.C Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Any of ya'll have any weaboo horror stories, i found a blog on it and found it interesting...anyone maybe want to hear the weaboo's i met at the mall that one time i cosplayed gumi..and how wrong it went?
R.C
R.C
Fresh off the Boat

http://2muchfandom.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

So we all know weaboo's right? Empty Re: So we all know weaboo's right?

Post by Kimoicchi Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:22 pm

Please tell. Weaboos are always hilarious.
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Singing Alias : キモイ Posts : 435

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

http://kimoicchi@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by R.C Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 am

Alright,and I got to admit they can be.but sometimes they are just scary.
 So i was at a con this year, i don't remember the name sadly,and it was my first con. I decided to do some Panda hero gumi with my Friend who went as A panda hero Miku. so we were doing the the normal con things and talking to some other cosplayers when i decided to go and buy a few pins for myself. 
So as I was buying them i got glomped by a random person..or weeb honestly. And honestly i have no problems with hugs and such,but a glomp out of no where is a no.and what's worse what that i got knocked over by the person and ended up losing my money bag also.Yea..first con didn't go perfect,but atleast for the second and third day it went pretty smooth. Sorry if i'm bad at telling stories..but yea that was my experience with a weeb...
R.C
R.C
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:04 pm

ohhh. My experiences were less physically damaging but more kokoro-enraging. Mah, I'm a pretty hardcore Japanese VA/sub fan, so I can pretty much sum it up as...

So we all know weaboo's right? Anime_10

H-How could they??

Anyway, other than that, it's people who can't pronounce Japanese properly or use the language really casually and badly.

AKA people saying NaRUto or KOroshiTSEji. *BRRRRR* THAT HORRIBAD PRONOUNCIATION.
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Chorus Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by R.C Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:21 pm

oh gosh, personally i can't speak Japanese perfectly. but i can sing it pretty well..there's a weeb at my school and she tries to sing some vocaloid songs and oh my god...
R.C
R.C
Fresh off the Boat

Back to top Go down

Post by Celty Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:13 am

As long as people with such a pronouncation don't pretend to be fluent in japanese, I'm fine with it.

I think I'm lucky since I never met a horrible weaboo in real life but the internet is a different matter. Some radical fangirls can really ruin your day if you don't like their favorite character. Or like the character they hate the most.
Celty
Celty

Singing Alias : Jolly Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by emuchanx Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 am

So one time someone told me that I don't actually know Japanese because I referred to Germany as 'Germany' rather than 'Doitsu'.

As a third-year Japanese student and translyricist, it was fun trouncing them when they challenged me to a Japanese-off. ouo

Seriously, though, I sometimes use weeaboo vernacular, but it's always ironic. ;A;
emuchanx
emuchanx
Fresh off the Boat

Singing Alias : フクロウ猫 Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by mie. Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:54 am

those people are my favourite lol

i was friends with this girl online that had another online friend around my age (20-ish), that claims to know japanese, she even has on twitter she speaks it. once i came across her vlogs on youtube and omg one of the japanese videos is so bad it made me cringe and i don't know much japanese x'DD

it can be seen clearly she is reading from a paper or something, as her eyes come down a ton of times and it's probably the romaji because she makes pauses in the middle of the words xD
it made me laugh really hard because she still says she ""knows"" japanese xDD

in another one, she speaks english and she added japanese subtitles, but they are very "translator"-like (tons of 私は, 私が, etc) xD
mie.
mie.
Talkative

Singing Alias : mie Posts : 583

Banner Decorator * 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/mieyyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pengui Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 am

.. whats a weebo? .. ah  ha ha . im not joking
Pengui
Pengui
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Pengui Posts : 70

I'm on the spice rack!

https://soundcloud.com/thepenguinlord-1

Back to top Go down

Post by mie. Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 pm

mie.
mie.
Talkative

Singing Alias : mie Posts : 583

Banner Decorator * 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/mieyyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am

i really, really dislike weaboos >___>  i've heard arguments that weaboos shouldn't be made fun of, cos they're just really into a different culture and it should be flattering.  

in my opinion though, it's one thing to be interested in another culture, want to learn the language, etc.  it's a another thing to pretend you're an expert when it's painfully and blatantly obvious that you're NOT, you keep throwing random japanese/chinese/whatever other language words in the middle of sentences to "show off" your knowledge of the language and/or you keep insisting that you're asian or that you want to be asian and you're just making an utter, complete fool of yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimoicchi Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Japanophiles.
Kimoicchi
Kimoicchi
Talkative

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumoshi Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 am

I've been fortunate to never encounter such horrific weeaboos, but I imagine I'd be very exasperated if I ever met someone who is obsessed to Japan to the point that they think it is perfect and want to be Japanese themselves and constantly add Japanese words without bothering to seriously learn the language. -_-;;
Kumoshi
Kumoshi
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : Kumoshi Posts : 1014

I'm on the spice rack! Ai Kotoba II Words Blind Duets Participant SMILING Participant Box of Cheer ٩๏̯͡๏۶ Participant YTC 2015 Blind Duet Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4) Monthly Theme Participant (3/4) Monthly Theme Participant (4/4)

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaisoumizu

Back to top Go down

Post by sutanbai Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 am

I think being a weeaboo is alright. Like, a man wants to be like a woman, that's alright, and when a western wants to be like an eastern, that's alright too ^_^
sutanbai
sutanbai

Singing Alias : Saiko/最子 Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by midori-kun Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:06 am

i have this underclassman who is always calling me senpai this and senpai that. and she kept saying "you're so kakkoii senpai!" "that's so kawaii!" "that bishie is so cute! kakkoiii!!!!" "MEGANE MEGANE AAAAAAAAA" girl if you call me senpai one more time i will slap you

then there's this other underclassman who is (i guess) has a crush on me and he's all "senpai you look cool in that" "senpai you're so cool" "should i call you midori-senpai?" no way i will smack thee

it's not that i have a problem with weeaboos in general, but if they do 'it' too much, it tends to get on my nerves. usually i just nod them off and ignore them, rather than replying with anything that would definitely not make things better for me...
midori-kun
midori-kun

Singing Alias : みどりくん* Posts : 21

http://midooorikun.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitoku Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:31 pm

I think people are all going against weaboos too much.... I mean, I personally think it'd be awesome to be so excited about a certain culture! What if a person came to your country and was all like, "___ is so awesome! I love this place! Woohoo!" and was like, eating some stereotypical food and all kinds of stuff. That'd be freaking amazing!

As for bad pronunciation, well, I guess people who aren't familiar with the Japanese language can't really help it, can they? And even a lot of Youtaite seems to have American accents in their songs. It doesn't make them bad, it just makes them sound different than how it's traditionally said, that's all.
Kitoku
Kitoku
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Kitoku (きとく) Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Well...I don't mind them too much, I'm actually really happy when they're excited about a culture. It gets overboard when they get totally biased by it and appropriate themselves to a culture though. 
Examples : 
"I will live there and get married to a Japanese person" (and get completely turned off when it's not), 
"I will become a Japanese person and live life like they do", 
"I will style my hair and dress the same way they do in animes", 
"I wish I was born Japanese", 
"I would only hang out with you if you were Japanese", 
"I only use Japanese products", 
They get offended when you say something bad about Japan even though it's true but they completely deny it.

Well of course, I exaggerated quite a bit (but you get the idea). I wish these people would wake up and appreciate themselves, their own heritage/culture and others a lot more :c
Xin
Xin
Motor Mouth

Singing Alias : 白菜 / Hakusai Posts : 751

I'm on the spice rack! Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant Monthly Theme Participant (1/4) Monthly Theme Participant (2/4)

https://www.instagram.com/whyaremyusernamestaken/

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA:Fye Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 am

IRL, some of my friends are weaboos. They don't show it much but you can tell. And not to mention almost all of my friends (not only the weaboos) call me 'senpai' LOL. No, I'm not kidding. I actually took an exchange program to Japan for a year and had to repeat school and basically I joined my juniors now. At first they were just teasing me by calling me senpai or even sensei, and in the end they stick to calling me senpai because I am older than them. It feels weird at first but well, it's not like I hate it LOL.

Usually my friends only use Japanese words for jokes, so I'm fine with it. Oh, one day though, my friend just arrived at the class, saying "Akan, akan, akan!" repeatedly and since he said it with low voice, not everyone could hear him. I realized he was imitating the girl in SKET DANCE because she was speaking in Osaka dialect. Anyway, 'akan' has the same meaning as 'dame'.

Talking about weaboos in general, I find it kinda funny and could be annoying if overused. It feels off when people saying Japanese words but not in the right intonation. And it's also weird to find people writing Japanese words on the internet using alphabet letters. I always find it in Youtube comments for example.

While I don't personally hate it, I just think it's weird to speak some Japanese words during conversations instead of the local language.
AKA:Fye
AKA:Fye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum