Youtube Chorus Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEWS
Working on updating the site and adding new features.
Join our Discord channel to talk about possible events and layout changes!
Latest topics
» [MONTHLY THEME] May: Make Space for Space~Due May 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Wed May 01, 2024 5:28 pm

» Joker's Trans-lyrics
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] April: Reach as High as You Can~Due April 30th
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:26 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] March: Old Stuff~Due March 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:36 pm

» fluffy's pudding stash- i mean covers.
by fluffyparuko Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] February: Love in the Air~Due March 5th
by sonic-nancy-fan Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm

» ~Uniqflame Covers and Voice acting stuff~
by Uniqflame Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:08 pm

» [MONTHLY THEME] January: Bittersweet Chocolate~Due January 31st
by sonic-nancy-fan Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:46 am

» ✾ Faeri's Covers ✾
by FaeriMagic Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Help! problems with my mic

2 posters

Go down

Help! problems with my mic Empty Help! problems with my mic

Post by Shiyiou Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Okay, how should i start it?
hmm, first i have Win 7 starter (if necessary) with Realtek HD and some months ago, i had a little micro, never gave to me problems in the other laptop, but since i started to use it in this new laptop,
after some time of use, it started to have problems. So i decided to buy a new one, like i live outside of USA, Canada and those english countries, there is hard to find USB microphones so mine it wasn't one of these. Well, i brought an microphone that was like the one i had before, except it was a little more bigger and came with headset that you can insert the micro in both sides.
But, once i put it in.....it gives to me the same problems:
-too much background sound (with the effect Non-acoustic makes a little noise when deleting it and my voice sounds like a radio, with non-noise effect sounds weird, deleting part of mine voice )
-my voice sounds like radio
-very very low sound even on max sound, with amplification sound saturated and noisy.
-sometimes changes its style of noise, making worst noise than before EVEN being like 1 meter out of the Laptop.
i tried to use it on the other PC that my bro uses (no the old laptop, is a standard pc with screen separated of the system) and there, records clearly the instrumental track and my voice horribly saturated and low even using the headset.i was thinking to brought a USB micro but while i'm saving money for it, i want to know if there's a solution, i was thinking it was the sound card, but....aaaaanywaaay help,please!
Shiyiou
Shiyiou
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hotsuki/ 【星月 Posts : 99

My YTC Story Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

http://hou-tsuki.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Help! problems with my mic Empty Re: Help! problems with my mic

Post by Tempo-Rarely Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 am

I'm going to take a stab at this one, and you are right with your insight.
I believe it is your soundcard that is causing your problems.

Your laptop sound card is probably one of the worst items you can use for making music, especially recording vocals or guitar or something. It makes sense for why you have so much extra sounds. The "too much background sounds" or "radio" sound effect might have to do with room acoustics... but that's just a hunch.

I don't know what your budget is, but looking into audio interfaces that use USB 2.0 or firewire to bypass your sound card altogether may be a good solution. It has mic preamps so you should be able to adjust the gain without distorting the sound.

Otherwise, buying a mixer that connects via USB2.0 or firewire may also work. An average mixer has gain knobs so you can turn up the volume plus it has xlr jacks so you can plug in more heavy duty microphones or electronic inputs.

Hope that helps, you can use your laptop microphone too right? it would take out the sound card issue... but sound quality would be very low.

--
Tempo
Tempo-Rarely
Tempo-Rarely

Singing Alias : Tempo-P Posts : 17

http://soundcloud.com/tempo-rarely

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiyiou Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks.
Well, i was searching about these USB mixers and stuff.
I can't use my laptop mic 'cause my bro disabled it, so when he records with his POD X3 live don't interferes, but he doesn't know how to recover it.
I'm looking right now for a Steelseries Siberia V2 USB. i think i'm going to use it.
Shiyiou
Shiyiou
Talking Fruit/Vegetable

Singing Alias : Hotsuki/ 【星月 Posts : 99

My YTC Story Tako Luka Maguro Fever Event Participant

http://hou-tsuki.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down